1. Buy Mung Beans special for sprouting
2. Rinse beans under water
3. Place beans in a mason jar or glass bowl
4. Cover beans with cold water (about 2-3 times the volume of beans)
5. Soak for 6- 12 hours (change out water 1-2 times during that time)
6. Drain the water after 6-12 hours. You can eat them or let them grow a bit by letting them rest in a dark place (counter top or refrigerator is fine), covering the bowl or jar with a cheese cloth or paper towel. Don’t let them dry out completely or they will turn hard.
7. Rinse the sprouting beans with water 1-2 times during the day to prevent them from drying out or getting slimy.
8. You can eat them between 2-5 days - any time after the skin has split or when a little white tail has started grow (your preference).
9. Enjoy. Put them in salads or soups, add them to smoothies or pop them right in your mouth!
*Note- I sprout the amount of beans I will eat in a two day period. I eat half the amount one day and the rest the next and then start sprouting again for the next 2-3 days.