Forgiving is not easy, even for the most enlightened among us. If you’ve been allowing your present health to be controlled by past hurts, I urge you to commit to forgiving. These steps can help:
- Talk to sympathetic friends and family about your desire to forgive. Chatting with others is tremendously comforting.
- Write a letter to the person you’d like to forgive. You can decide whether or not you send it.
- See the situation from the other person’s perspective – your own perspective may change.
- Don’t forget to forgive yourself. Sometimes we can be harshest with ourselves.
- Understand that you are responsible for your own attitude. Don’t let holding a grudge keep you from feeling free, open, and powerful in your own life.
Forgive and watch how much easier your relationship with eating becomes.